Director of Strategic GiftsCompany: The Idaho Foodbank
Date Posted: January 9, 2018
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and identify sources of giving to support Foodbank programs and increase the level of major gifts.
- Meet the goals set annually for amount of revenue raised through major gifts, number of face-to-face visits made and the number of prospects identified with a goal of aligning donor giving priorities, deepening relationships and securing gifts.
- Build and manage a strong portfolio of prospects and donors, paying attention to the balance between discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Leverage existing relationships in order to create new opportunities by identifying existing donors with the affinity and capacity to continue and grow support for The Idaho Foodbank programs and services.
- Manage expectations of the donor to align their goals with current needs of The Idaho Foodbank.
- Collect, organize and record through Raiser’s Edge all relevant donor data, prospecting, demographics, communications, giving history and activities in a standardized, timely and accurate manner.
- Manage individual prospect research and prepare profiles.
- Steward donor acknowledgement and recognition, as desired by donor.
- Prepare materials for use in cultivating and soliciting major and planned gifts.
- Serve as ambassador for The Idaho Foodbank to civic organizations, at galas, in making presentations, and in accepting and recognizing support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree; and at least four years professional experience preferably in a Fundraising/Development Office.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, individually compelling, and conscientious.
- The position requires that the individual be a good listener with strong communication skills (both verbal and nonverbal).
- Must enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy environment and be willing to work varied hours and attend off-site events. Some travel is required.
- Capacity to think strategically, as well as creatively, will be advantageous.
- Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Certification is a plus.
- Proficient MS Office Skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle required.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment including sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
- § Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- § Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Completed applications ARE REQUIRED to be considered for this position and can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 208-342-7807. To obtain an application, visit our website at www.idahofoodbank.org. Click on the tab titled "Contact" to view information on career opportunities. Cover letter and resume are required with each application.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER