Regional Mission Interpreter (Upper Western) PT 19 hrs/wk, Open until filledCompany: United Church of Christ, National
Date Posted: September 28, 2017
Regional Mission Interpreter (Upper Western) PT 19 hrs/wk, Open until filled
Please use the link to view the full position description and to apply:
The Church Building & Loan Fund (CB&LF) is a resource of the United Church of Christ.
CB&LF offers and promotes financing for the purchase, construction or renovation of church buildings, meeting houses, parsonages/rectories, and other facilities used by churches of the United Church of Christ (or by any Christian church without limitation to sect, denomination or name.) In doing so it seeks to develop mature and healthy justice-oriented congregations from the young, emerging and/or renewing churches that it uniquely serves.
CB&LF is dedicated to assisting new and renewing local churches with the purchase of their first building, along with technical and planning assistance. It also offers loans for site purchases; construction; existing building purchase, maintenance, or renovation; second-unit construction; refinancing; and capital campaign services.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Regional Mission Interpreter (RMI) for the Upper Western region and parts of the West Central Region will provide guided capital campaign services, stewardship campaign service, and other services to regionally contracting Christian churches and UCC Conferences/Associations. Provide educational and other CB & LF products and services to UCC and other Christian local churches, church organizations, denominational bodies, and judicatories. Consult with UCC and other Christian Churches and UCC Conferences/Associations to generate new business for CB&LF.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with congregations seeking to undertake capital fund raising and/or stewardship campaigns to introduce and explain the components, staffing, process and timeline of a successful faith-based campaign;
- Conduct and complete all phases of financial feasibility studies with churches that contract for the service;
- Provide guided campaign consulting services to congregations according to the UCC faith based process;
- Maintain records of individual campaign results and prepare reports of activities, results and other statistical information as requested;
- Work collegially with UCC related Financial Ministries.
- Provide and monitor Marketing Displays at UCC Annual Meetings and Workshops upon request and approval from the Associate Director Strategic Initiatives
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Associate Director Strategic Initiatives.