Director of Development and MarketingCompany: Life's Kitchen
Date Posted: November 3, 2016
Life's Kitchen is a not-for-profit organization, founded 13 years ago, whose mission is to provide the opportunity for young adults to transform their lives by building self – sufficiency and independence through comprehensive food service and life skills training, job placement in the food service industry and continuing education. We also work collaboratively with community partners to provide over a half million meals a year to people who might otherwise go hungry.
The Director of Development and Marketing is responsible for the creation and implementation of all marketing and fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support and increase public awareness of Life's Kitchen. The Director Development and Marketing, who will report to the Executive Director, will set the organization's strategic fundraising agenda to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants. The Director also builds and manages brand identity and all aspects of marketing communication to raise awareness of the organization and its programs throughout the Treasure Valley.
1. Responsible for developing an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the ED, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
2. Responsible for helping secure general operating and capacity building grants.
3. Responsible for developing and monitoring a realistic annual fund budget with achievable revenue and expense projections.
4. Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization's brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
5. Responsible for writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
6. Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services in order to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
7. Develop and execute with the Board Marketing Committee and ED a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
8. Responsible for managing and promoting two annual major fundraising events.
9. Responsible with the ED to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders and the communities it serves.
10. Manage the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support development and marketing goals.
11. In conjunction with the ED, assist with the cultivation of civic organizations, the Board of Directors, corporate, foundation and business representatives via presentations, tours and volunteerism.
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Bachelor's Degree required with at least 5 years of experience in development and marketing
Proven success in areas of individual and corporate giving as well as grant writing and funding
High energy, outgoing, team player, and a passion for Life's Kitchen mission is essential
Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and familiarity with Donor software
Documented successful experience with nonprofit marketing and social media
Life's Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer who provides paid leave, medical, dental, 401k match and competitive salary up to $48,000 based on experience.
Interested individuals should send a letter of intent, resume and salary expectations by November 14th to:
Randy Schubert, Executive Director
1025 S. Capitol Blvd.
Boise, ID 83706