Major Gifts OfficerCompany: The Salvation Army
Date Posted: September 14, 2016
JOIN THE ARMY’S GROWING FUNDRAISING TEAM IN THE WESTERN TERRITORY and become part of an exciting new major gifts program making a profound impact!
The Salvation Army’s Del Oro Division seeks a compassionate, dynamic and entrepreneurial Major Gifts Officer with a minimum of five years’ individual giving/major gifts experience in a highly productive and progressive development and communications program within the nonprofit sector. The MGO will work with donors in Napa, Marin and Solano Counties in Northern California. The MGO will be creative, energetic and determined, with a talent at identifying and developing opportunities for donors and The Salvation Army to come together.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
- Highly effective interpersonal, conversational and presentational skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, stakeholders and leadership.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Team player, able to check ego at the door, with a capacity to collaborate effectively with officers, staff and volunteers for successful achievement of position and department goals.
- Communications and management style that exhibits the principles and culture of the Army, as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work remotely (on the road, from a home-based office with a professional set-up, and/or, at various Army locations). It is anticipated that 80% of the donors are in the assigned areas, but some travel related to donor management and/or organizational training is required.
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment without extensive administrative support and exceptional organizational abilities with fluency in managing multiple projects and competing priorities with professionalism and grace.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and hands-on experience with donor management software, savvy in the maintenance of current contact and activity tracking reports (with adherence to the Army’s database protocols); Portfolio user background is preferred.
The Salvation Army offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including a car. The MGO position finalist will be required to submit to a full background and reference check.
The Salvation Army is committed to offering equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to all employees without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, genetic predisposition and/or any other lawfully protected classification or occupationally irrelevant criteria. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2713pbzij8q.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Kathrene Wales, Search Manager and Associate Consultant of Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES), in counsel with Heather Eddy, President & CEO. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors. For more information, visit www.kees2success.com.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. For more information about the Del Oro Division, visit http://www.gosalarmy.org/.